Common Stucco Problems & How to Fix Them
Stucco siding: you love how it looks, but now how it breaks.
It’s no secret that the visual appeal of this popular type of exterior finish gains fans from across the country. However, it’s also one of the materials most prone to water damage! Though stucco problems are common, today we’re here to help you solve them – once and for all!
As stucco remediation specialists and long-time home exterior experts, our team is eager to enlighten you on the average stucco issues, how repairs typically happen, and how Eby Exteriors goes above and beyond to ensure success for years to come.
Keep reading to learn more, or call Eby Exteriors now for a consultation!
Leaks, Stains, & Cracks in Stucco
Despite being a popular choice for home exterior renovations, this upscale siding option, if not properly installed, is almost guaranteed to fail, leading to all kinds of problems, some of them very significant and even dangerous.
A few of the most common stucco house problems include:
- Water damage: If you’re facing stucco issues, chances are they may be related to water damage. Because it is not completely waterproof on its own, water and moisture often seep into the stucco if it wasn’t expertly installed from the start! Unfortunately, moisture infiltration can lead to deterioration, mold growth, and even significant structural problems.
- Cracks in stucco: One of the most common stucco problems is cracking which can develop in the stucco due to several factors like temperature changes and moisture fluctuations. Small cracks in stucco may not pose a significant problem beyond the fact that they are unsightly, but larger or expanding ones can allow water to penetrate, leading to detrimental issues.
- Insect infestations: Furthermore, insects like terminates and ants can find their way into the cracks in stucco, leading to potential damage over time.
- Staining and discoloration: After being exposed to the sun, pollutants, algae growth or water infiltration, stucco house colors can develop unsightly stains and discoloration. While some may be treatable with a good, old-fashioned cleaning, others are too deep to salvage without the help of a professional.
If you ever have or currently are experiencing any of these common stucco issues, rest assured – you’re not alone! There are a range of solutions you or a local home improvement contractor can implement to repair it. We’ll dive into more details on that next!
Repairing Cracks in Stucco the RIGHT Way
Once you notice stains, leaks or cracks in stucco, it’s hard to look away. These issues are both an eye-sore and a potential danger to the structural integrity of your safe home!
Repairing cracks in stucco is a process best left to the professionals and typically requires steps like this:
- Assess the damage: The stucco repair specialist you hire to repair your stucco house problems will likely start by meticulously examining the extent and type of damage.
- Prepare the patch: A patching material that matches the color and texture of your house is essential for repairing cracks in stucco seamlessly. This repair patch must be cleaned and prepared appropriately before applying!
- Mix and apply: Your contractor will then follow the manufacture’s instructions to mix the patching material and apply the fix smoothly.
- Allow to cure: Caring for the patch properly during the curing phase is vital to making sure you’re repairing cracks in stucco effectively, so it is important to make sure your contractor is on top of how to do this part right!
- Finishing touches: Once the patch is fully cured and the stucco issues are no longer visible, a fine-grit sandpaper is used to smooth any rough edges or imperfections.
- Take preventive measures: A good stucco remediation specialist will also address the underlying cause of the stucco problems to prevent the cracks or stains from forming again.
For a proactive approach, you may even want to consider a regular stucco inspection to evaluate signs of damage! These assessments can help identify signs of deterioration early on, allowing you to tackle issues before they escalate. If that’s the case and you want to schedule a consultation or inspection, call Eby Exteriors Now! We serve several areas in Pennsylvania and would be honored to be trusted with your project.
Preventing Future Stucco Issues with Eby Exteriors
When it comes to stucco problems, prevention is key, and it all begins right from the moment of installation. If it isn’t perfectly installed from the start, you’ll likely experience one or several of the problems above like stains, leaks, or cracks in stucco.
Stucco is hard to repair and hard to hide mistakes, but the right team can make it look beautiful and functional well for years to come! At Eby Exteriors, what sets us apart as your trusted stucco contractors is our:
- Meticulous caulk usage: We understand that caulk has a lifespan, and over time, it tends to lose its effectiveness. That’s why we employ a minimalist approach to caulk usage, ensuring a longer-lasting stucco finish that stands up to the test of time.
- Unrivaled moisture management: Our obsession with moisture control is unmatched. We take water and moisture management seriously, creating an environment that minimizes the chances of needing to repair stucco problems later. This proactive approach saves you both hassle and expenses down the road!
- Holistic Vision: We are not just stucco specialists; we are big-picture thinkers. Our expertise encompasses your entire house, from gutters to other sidings, roofing, and beyond. Our comprehensive water management strategy safeguards against water damage, providing a shield for your home’s future.
At Eby Exteriors, we don’t just work with stucco, we craft lasting impressions that stand strong against time. Every project we undertake – whether it is repairing cracks in stucco or complexly replacing it with a different type of exterior siding – is treated with our dedication to craftsmanship and quality!
If you want to ensure that your stucco is repaired or installed correctly the first time, contact Eby Exteriors now.
Schedule an Expert Evaluate Your Stucco House Problems
Have you spotted large leaks, stubborn stains, or cracks in your stucco? If so, it’s probably time to call a professional!
Repairing cracks in stucco, and other common issues, is something often best left to the experts. But don’t worry – if you live in Lancaster, Chester, York, Berks or Lebanon County, PA, you can request a thorough evaluation of your stucco house problems from Eby Exteriors!
Our stucco remediation solutions are ranked among the best in the area and we proudly boast an exceptionally skilled and dedicated team that consistently stands out.
Contact us to learn more about common stucco problems or how to resolve them with Eby Exteriors!