Eby Exteriors Employee Spotlight: Andrew Stauffer
As the Lead Service Tech, Andrew Stauffer performs important repairs, solving big and small problems for homeowners. When he isn’t doing much-needed service work, Andrew helps out with a practiced hand using any number of skill sets. Hear what Andrew says about his 13 years with Eby Exteriors, what he’s learned and how the company has changed!
Career QuestionsWhat was your experience like coming aboard the team all the way back in 2008?
- I was a complete newbie in construction! I used to work at a retail hardware store. I saw the opportunity, and liked the idea of being able to work outside. Plus, I thought there was a lot more of a career path here. I started with roofing and then transitioned into other parts of the company as well.
- When I started, we still did mainly new construction and roofing. Soon after, we got into more home remodeling jobs that had a bigger variety of elements. As it’s gone on, the jobs have gotten more intricate — and more fun from our standpoint.
- I do a lot of service work, which gives me a wide variety of things to work on throughout the week. I always really like doing window, door and siding jobs. New windows and new siding truly improve the look of a house, and that’s great to see. I also enjoy the trim work and detail in doing the windows and doors.
- It’s fantastic getting to help someone who has a problem. I start by diagnosing what’s going on, giving them a few options to rectify it, and then taking care of everything. It’s not only satisfying to be able to help people but to get to take care of a project from start to finish all on my own!
- I remember when I started, I could see myself having a career here — not just a job out of high school. It was a good place to focus my efforts. As soon as I was ready, there were opportunities to move up the ladder.
- When it comes to the actual work, quality is our highest priority. Since I fix a lot of problems, I can see that that’s not always the case for the other companies. We’re an honest company and are always real with customers about what we’re doing.
- It’s a fun culture. We have a good time joking around and having fun, but we’re all very passionate about our work.
- First and foremost, a good work ethic. Somebody willing to learn will always fit in here.
- If you’re coming in green, it’s a great place to get experience. There are tons of guys who are good at sharing their experience and training. If you have a career somewhere else, this is a good destination because it’s a great culture and there are paths to grow even further from where you’re at now.
Personal Interest QuestionsWhat kind of music do you enjoy?
- A mixture. Some Christian rock type music, like the band Kutless. I also enjoy some classical, orchestral music and some big band — it all depends on my mood.
- If it’s my family, they like Chick-fil-A. If it’s my wife or some friends, a steakhouse like Longhorn is usually our choice.
- The Mandalorian was pretty cool, and I’m not even a big Star Wars fan.
- Playing volleyball with friends, hiking, and spending time with the family.
- Eagles, rough year.